Breakdown: Favorite Horror Movies x2
March 14, 2011
Posted by on
Before I get ahead of myself, I should say I do enjoy horror movies. Ever since I forced myself to watch the Halloween movies to get over the fright, I didn’t turn back. They all aren’t brilliant movies by any stretch of the imagination, but they are my favorites.
1. The Thing– I mentioned this one before in my Winter movie breakdown, but it definitely deserves a spot here. Kurt Russell does a great job despite a horrible hat.
2. Session 9– This one pops up on many of my lists, and for good reason.
3. The Exorcist– one of my all-time favorite movies. A horror movie that ended up being nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.
4. Halloween– John Carpenter does a great job of building suspense with this one. It was this franchise that got me hooked on horror movies.
5. One Hour Photo– I made the mistake of making this a date movie. Following the obsessed mind of a man utterly alone is something I could relate to all too well. Robin Williams has rarely been better.
Believe me, the list could go on and on. But these are my absolute desert island top five. If I had to make a list of favorite obscure horror movies though, it would be:
3. The Serpent and the Rainbow
4. Eraserhead (not sure if this is horror, but it is definitely bizarre)